Each year, December - MarchCost:
8 - 20 years oldEquipment:
Both Recurve and Compound Bows (available for rent)
What is JOAD?
Junior Olympic Archery Development, shortened as JOAD, is a program of USA Archery that is designed to teach the sport of archery to young people ages 8 to 20. JOAD offers both recurve and compound archers the opportunity to learn range and equipment safety along with proper shooting techniques taught to USA Olympic, Paralympic and World Champion archers. So whether your goal is recreational archery or competitive archery, JOAD is the place to start.
Advantages to joining a JOAD program:
- encourages focus, self-motivation and team building skills
- organized format grows with the archer as they progress
- archers may shoot recurve or compound
- recreational and/or competitive focus
- National Training System (NTS) certified instructors
How it Works
The Plum Creek Archers JOAD program begins in December and runs through March. This is how the program operates:
- Open to youth archers from 8 years old to 20 years old
- Club meets at Plum Creek Archery pro shop and range in Dyersville Iowa
- 14 weeks of instruction, shooting, games, and awards
- Equipment, both recurve and compound bows, available for rent if needed
- USA Archery JOAD awards program available to any youth archer interested
- Club members interested in tournaments are encouraged to attend as a group
- USA Archery Level 3 NTS coaches provide instruction
Join the fun of learning the sport of archery!
If you have additional questions regarding this program you can visit https://www.archeryevents.com/homesplash/index.cfm and do a search for PCA or call us at 563-875-7525.